Thursday, August 26, 2010

time to wash that remote!

Now that all the kids are headed back to school you may be buying hand sanitizer and reminding the little ones to cough into their elbows instead of their hands. I'm already noticing more coughing and sneezing around town than there was a couple of weeks ago before school started. We would all like to think that we are doing everything we can to keep the germs away, but there are a few places that we don't think to clean in our normal routine.

Today as I cleaned my daughters' bathroom I realized it had been awhile since I had cleaned the doorknobs and light switches so I wiped them down with the vinegar when I did the counters and sink. Then I started to think of other items that we touch all the time and rarely clean. Refrigerator handle? Telephone? Remote control? We touch these everyday without even thinking about where our hands have been (or where the kids' hands have been). Next time you sanitize your kitchen counter you may want to think about cleaning the salt and pepper shaker while you are at it. I don't even want to think about what could be growing on my laptop keyboard. Not sure how to clean some of those items? Check out these links:

how to clean your keyboard

sanitize your telephone

deep clean and easy clean for your remote

more great tips for a germ free home

No comments: