Wednesday, March 17, 2010

tip of the day

Do you ever buy a bunch or parsley to use in a recipe, use a handful of it, forget about the rest, and find a bag of slimy green stuff in the fridge a few weeks later? It happens to me with cilantro. I just need a little for the guacamole, but you can't just buy a little bit. I'm trying something new today and freezing the leftovers. I have some parsley and some cilantro that I don't want to go to waste. I simply washed the herbs, chopped them, put them in ice cube trays, and covered with water. They are almost frozen now so I'll move them to a bag or container and label it for later. They won't look good as garnish, but for salsa, guacamole, or garlic parsley butter they should work just fine. I think I'll try this with mint to add to lemonade or ice tea this summer as well.

No comments: