Tuesday, September 28, 2010

why I hate mopping

Mopping is my least favorite chore. It is hard work and there really isn't anything satisfying about it. Now that I have a steam mop I do it a little more often, but I would never say my floors are clean enough to eat off of.


First I have to get all the chairs out of the way and roll up the rug.


Then the kids need to stay out of the way so they don't slip on the floor and when I'm all done it looks wonderful.


Then about 5 seconds later someone (short and blonde and 3 years old) grabs a handful of brown sugar out of the bag on the counter and runs.


And the part I like the very least is how angry I feel about the mess on the floor. If I hadn't just mopped it would have been no big deal, but because I had I snapped at her :(

1 comment:

Jennifer Ruth said...

This is why I'm a strong advocate for never cleaning. *jk* :p Sorry you snapped, I find myself snapping at Jonathan after repeating myself for the 800th time.