Monday, March 7, 2011

carpet mountains

I was making lunch today and left the kitchen for a moment to find the kids had bunched up our living room carpet. My first reaction was to tell them to fix it, but then I took it back and asked them what they were doing. I sat on the floor with them and they showed me how all their cars were driving through tunnels and over mountains and through valleys. The heavy carpet kept it's shape well and they were having a great time. They can be so messy at this age and I get easily frustrated at the constant messes, but having a clean house is less important than encouraging their imaginations :)



4 comments:

Kari B. said...

3 seconds ago I read this:
http://ohbabyo.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/imagination-in-action/

Lisanne said...

:) must be one of those days.

Nina said...

Jack's mess today consisted of 'helping' me open the container of cocoa powder (which means he did it by himself when I wasn't looking and it exploded all over). I'll trade you my mess for your lumpy carpet any day! :)

Lisanne said...

oh no Nina! Cocoa powder is so messy. I'm all out after that chocolate frosting yesterday.