Thursday, October 20, 2011

this morning's project

I made some kitchen hand scrub this morning. It's a lovely shade of yellow, scrubs great, and leaves my hands smelling lemony. I'll have to test it out after lunch to see if it gets the smell of garlic off. I found the easy recipe here. I don't have lemon extract so mine has a mild fragrance.


1 1/2 c sugar
1/3 c kosher salt
zest of 1 extra large lemon (or other citrus)
1 c olive oil
1/4 tsp pure lemon extract, optional

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. If you would like a slightly stronger fragrance, add the extract. Spoon into a pretty jar, tighten the lid. Wipe any spills or drips from the outside of the jar. Alternatively, you can use orange or lime zest for a different fresh citrus smell. For an extra touch, tie a pretty bow around the jar if you plan to gift this scrub. This makes enough for a 1 pint canning jar.


No comments: